Donna Wilson wins the British designer of the year - Elle Decoration

Friday 12 November 2010

A couple of months ago I found out that my Mog plate was shortlisted for the Elle Decoration design awards, unfortunately Mog didn't win, but I just found out that I won the designer of the year!

So thank you to all my lovely customers for all their support, and of course my fantastic Staff as without them I wouldn't be able to do what I do:  Erin, Laura, Kate, Kristina and Imogen who all work so hard (especially over the last couple of months) (sounds like I've won an oscar!

Also thanks so much to Elle Decoration and http://www.thebritishdesignawards.com

The article is in Decembers Elle deco out now.

Designer of the Year

Donna Wilson

There’s no-one quite like textiles queen Donna Wilson. Her fabulous products include colourful cushions, tea-time accessories, playful ceramics and, of course, the starting point for the whole shebang — her collection of curious knitted creatures. In 2010, three new additions to the creature family have won our hearts: bashful ‘Wolfie’, who collects spoons; ‘Peanut’, who needs coaxing out of his shell; and ‘Puddle Man’, who likes to whistle when it rains. Imaginative, quirky, cool. Need we say more?



9 comments:

  1. Congrats Donna, so well deserved! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! So well deserved. Love the necklace you're wearing, wheres it from?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done you!! Well deserved. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! you completly deserve it!!! I love your things!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats! love your work. happy autumn <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! Reminds me I've green tights somewhere and will wear them tomorrow because it looks really cool and it's an ode to Donna Wilson!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fantastic achievement. Many congratulations. You will shortly appear in another world-wide publication - The Foggie Gossip. Yes, you have become THAT famous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for all your support! I've been overwhelmed. we should have a 'wear your green tights day!' thanks again!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. well done!! That's brilliant and very well deserved. Love your work. Lucy x

    ReplyDelete