knit the world better!

Wednesday 17 March 2010

Escape to the woods was a show I did last year at the Lighthouse Gallery in Glasgow. I came accross some photos of it that I wanted to share, especially some of the comments!
It was a kind of theatre set of knitted trees, clouds, creatures and blankets.






some people liked to hug the trees!
here are some of the comments ... and drawings, I love them.

there are too many to show you.

... some people never made it out of the forest, but they lived happily ever after! xx

7 comments:

  1. I visited The Lighthouse in Glasgow a couple of years ago, it's a great space and the forest you created looks amazing in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cerys, it's such a shame that the Lighthouse is closed now, really sad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delightful! Every item is absolutely wonderful! I really enjoyed my visit. I have become a follower and I invite you to drop in over at my place one day this week when you get a chance. until later...

    ReplyDelete
  4. absolutely delightful! What a great job you have done! I have become a follower and I invite you to drop in over at my place one day this week when you get a moment. until later...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm absolutely in love with your knitted trees. What a wonderful world you've created.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All this is awesome. The trees are incredible !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Donna,
    Lovely to see my hand-written comment in the visitors' book at the Lighthouse and heartening to see that you have incorporated my slogan, "Knit the World Better", into your site. I am still trying to knit the world better. Hope you are too.
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete